Saturday, March 17, 2012

1

So to begin with, I am 20 years old and I want to be a bantamweight MMA fighter.  I am currently 121 pounds.  I'm 5'4.5" so 105 is technically underweight.  But I want to prove to myself and others that you can be healthy and have a BMI that is considered "unhealthy".  There are athletes with BMIs that put them at overweight or underweight because of how their bodies are built.  I believe I can fight at 105 and be healthy and maintain that weight.  Cutting weight would be more unhealthy than maintaining because cutting weight is usually done in extreme ways such as severe restriction and over exercising while wearing sweat suits and some go as far as purging.  Dehydration is very likely to occur when cutting weight.  So I want to maintain and be healthy, happy, and fit.  So this is me on a journey to become a fighter at 105.

~Kes

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog today and I'm very happy that I did. I used to be a Middleweight MMA fighter but I haven't been on a fight card since last summer. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GL with everything hon - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it, Right now I am working out hard core and I want to be at a 12% body fat, and I want to weight about the same 105 maybe 110. depending on how heavy my muscle is. I hope i can achieve it, I can't seem to be losing weight, I am actually shorter than you by two inches and I weight about the same as you sometimes it goes lower my weight fluctuates between 122 to 119 all the time, its annoying!! I recently became a team beachbody coach! and its been helping me alot to keep motivated and its been really fun! I know u can achieve your goal! good luck and i'll be here to motivate you :)

    ReplyDelete